[clamav-users] ERROR: This tool requires libclamav with functionality level 58 or higher (current f-level: 44)
Edward Barrier
2011-01-06 20:01:52 UTC
Hello, While I was trying to upgrade to 0.96.5 (freshclam or run scanclam)
the latest clamav, I received this error message: ERROR: This tool requires
libclamav with functionality level 58 or higher (current f-level: 44) I am
running with an Ubuntu 8.04 with the ClamTk Virus Scanner v 3.08 on a Dell
Inspiron. I downloaded the source file from ClamAv. Do I need to edit the
freshclam config file to increase the functionality level to complete the
update? Or is there another procedure to follow? Thanks,
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
Török Edwin
2011-01-06 20:27:30 UTC
Post by Edward Barrier
Hello, While I was trying to upgrade to 0.96.5 (freshclam or run scanclam)
the latest clamav, I received this error message: ERROR: This tool requires
libclamav with functionality level 58 or higher (current f-level: 44)
This means that you have an older libclamav installed.
Check /usr/lib*, and /usr/local/lib* to make sure there is only 1
version installed.

Best regards,
--Edwin
http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
Dave M
2011-01-06 21:22:05 UTC
Post by Török Edwin
Hello,    While I was trying to upgrade to 0.96.5 (freshclam or run scanclam)
the latest clamav, I received this error message:  ERROR: This tool requires
libclamav with functionality level 58 or higher (current f-level: 44)
This means that you have an older libclamav installed.
Check /usr/lib*, and /usr/local/lib* to make sure there is only 1
version installed.
Also, please update to a newer version of ClamTk... 3.08 is very old
(2 years) and should not be used.

Thanks,
Dave M
http://www.clama